Friday, August 19, 2005

The everyday verse

How do you counter boredom?
I tried to do that by writing about it.In 'silly verse'.
Here goes:

Through the window I see,it rains again;
Inside,the words rain upon
Of undetermined stress,unknown strain
Slides projected,figures drawn.

Like the drops hitting concrete below;
These words rebound,and dry with time.
It becomes too tough a job to follow;
As the mind searches for words that rhyme.

Glances at the clock
Time stands still
A mental block
More time to kill.

Ah look now,he's calling the rolls
This,this must be end of it all.

A period is all it took.The next day I'll be looking for a new topic then.By the end of the year,there would be an epic on ennui.

4 comments:

annie said...

Through the window I see,it rains again;
Inside,the words rain upon
anybody will praise a piece like
this;
rest assured ,i am not alone.

Nikhil said...

Prompt praise,thankyou if you meant it.
You broke the rhyme scheme in your appraisal,remember abab :))

waise tere blogs me entries kyun nahi?

Chandan said...

why are you always terminally bored?

Nikhil said...

Maybe I haven't found out what excitement means ;)

Or maybe if I find something exciting I overdo it and it becomes boring.

Happens.

Suggestions are most welcome though.Waise bhi classes agar exciting lagne lagi to phir meri duniya badal jayegi.