Sunday, September 04, 2005

Girl on TV...err..PC!


I spent about 2 hours on the re-beautification of my desktop.And thought that my efforts shouldn't go un-noted.So here it is,my re invented desktop's screen shot.

I don't usually have females adorn my desktop,I find nature much more beautiful.But somehow the icons on the full photo made the pictures look less beautiful in all my earlier desktop wallpapers.Then I found her.

This was the perfect wallpaper I was looking for.Icons having a space of their own.The picture having a beauty of it's own.There is a story behind this picture,which I guess only my bro could have guessed by now.The title is a hint,so the entertainment buffs may take their shot here.Because I'm explaining up next.

I have been listening to this song by LFO (Lyte Funky Ones) called Girl on TV lately.I have a collection of such obscure songs that I used to listen on MTV as a kid.After coming here I hunted back those memories and luckily found some of the songs.Anyway this song is dedicated to Jennifer Love Hewitt who is in the picture.These guys had a huge crush on her,so they made a song about her.The lyrics is quite simple and straight forward.Here is an excerpt:

Wish for you on a falling star
Wondering where you are
Do I ever cross your mind
In the warm sunshine
She's from, the city of angels
Like Brady Davis, James Dean and Gable
Never know what she means to me
I fell for the girl that's on TV

Somehow this captures all those little memories I've had of times gone by.When I would wake till late in night to see the aired english videos,and watch football matches alongside.Been watching MTV since Rahul Khanna's one hour slot on DD-2.Happy days.

So the Girl on TV is the girl on PC now.And I got her without wishing on a falling star.I fell for her all right.

1 comment:

Manu Saxena said...

Aah. Jennifer Love-Hewitt.
Nothing beats Jennifer Love-Hewitt.