Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Life of Brian

It's not easy making fun of God.Well it's easy making fun of Him,or Her (right,I'm into the Monty Pyhton mode) but it's very difficult being actually funny.Monty Python do it effortlessly in Life of Brian.Fewer laughs than Holy Grail but much more satirical.

And they re-released this controversial movie with Passion of Christ!! Talk about brillliant timing.

The ridiculous ease with which these people ridcule things is inspiring.I did a post on Zodiacs 2 post earlier,then I heard this dialogue exchange at the beginning of the movie:

Brian's mother: What star sign is he?
Wise Man #2: Capricorn.
Brian's mother: Capricorn, eh? What are they like?
Wise Man #2: He is the son of God, our Messiah.
Wise Man #1: King of the Jews.
Brian's mother: And that's Capricorn, is it?
Wise Man #3: No, no, that's just him.
Brian's mother: Oh, I was going to say, otherwise there'd be a lot of them.

Truly inspiring.Then there was this one on various factions,terrorist units that somehow sound all the same:

Brian:
Excuse me. Are you the Judean People's Front?
Reg[pausing,then giving an angry glance]: F off! We're the People's Front of Judea.

The blind following of a Messiah was dealt on pretty ruthlessly too,which was of course the prime aim of the movie:

Brian: I am NOT the Messiah!
Arthur: I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.

And the funniest one:

Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!
Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.
Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!
Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!
Brian: Now, f off!
[silence]
Arthur: How shall we f off, O Lord?

Enough of copy pasting for now.When exams are coming up and you need to do your daily bit,this is the best thing to do.Or maybe the best thing is to just shut up and fake studying.I'll get back to doing that now.

How shall we f off ,O lord?
He he he..cracks me up everytime I think of it.

2 comments:

Mirage said...

Lol!! That was fun! I'm sure even God must be chuckling!! :)

Nikhil said...

I really suggest you watch the entire movie then :)
You might have some more fun,but I guess God would stop chuckling and fume in anger.Naah God can't do that.Anyway just watch any Monty Python.