Friday, July 07, 2006

Nothing but the tooth

Dear 3rd molar on the left jaw,

Losing you has been painful. Very painful. I couldn't eat or sleep properly when the realisation set in that I would be losing you soon (which is why I had to let go of you actually) and it will be a while before I can do that. You have left behind a huge gap in my life (and the left jaw) . More sadly it can't be filled as of now.

I can't thank you enough for having kept my company for these 20 odd years. I can half imagine the euphoric scenes when you raised your little head and everybody cried out 'Look the baby's got a tooth'. Tears came to my eyes when I saw you lying today coated with blood, wrapped in cotton, the black shadow of bacterial decay eclipsing your beautiful white built. Maybe the grind (and chew) of day to day life got to you. Or maybe it was just the evil mess food.

So long 3rd molar. Your other molar (and incisor) friends will have a tough time without you, so will I. Hope you reach your ivory white heaven for the service you provided during your lifetime.

Tearfully yours,
Nikhil.

PS: Agent Mulder, The tooth is out there. (I have vowed not to improve.)

Very soon I will have FAQ's on everything you wanted to know about tooth pulling but were afraid to ask.Wait.

16 comments:

Sunil Kundal said...

yaar ... ur every single post *literally* makes me laugh .. it's always fun reading ur blog .. :D .. good bye to that "3rd molar from the son" .. forget it .. im bad at being witty .. :p

Geetika said...

You have lost the canines too? 'Coz they sure don't seem to be company to the other contents of thy oral cavity!
Or is it just all about discrimination? I mean, yeah, so you use your incisors and molars and canines are vestigeal, so what? They are still markers for evolution, why leave them out? Why why why?
:D

Anonymous said...

Very, very funny

-Rahul

Nikhil said...

[kundal] :) thanks

[ggetika] Meri bio itni acchi hoti to main IIT me nahi hota :)
When you study biology, it shows :D

[rahul] thanks, it was anything but when my tooth was being pulled out :(

Geetika said...

Are you saying it like it's a bad thing? 'Coz if you are, then it's ever so slightly offensive, you see.

Nikhil said...

:O

I'm soo sorry if it is. Why would I offend a regular reader of this humle blog and...forget it..never meant to.

Giddu said...

So, have you noticed a degradation in your "oral" performances now that you have lost it?

All puns intended :P

Nikhil said...

:)

I notice it whenever I put my 'tongue in cheek' .

Aneesha Pillai said...

tht was hilarious!!!

~Nayan~ said...

beta still u have one more year in IIT. Take care of ur teeth.... we will be least happy to see u as malacostomous sample of homo sapien...

ps:- brush up ur biological knowledge it helps :D

Anonymous said...

creative n hilarious:)

Nikhil said...

[aneesha] thanks

[nayan] meri bio utni bhi kharab nahi yaar, school me highest aaya karta tha. lekin ab sab kuch brainwash ho gaya :(

[anon] thanks

vijit said...

:D
awesome blog man! a friend introduced me to your blog and I ended up spending an hour reading...
Kudos.

Nikhil said...

[vijit] Thanks man, keep Vijiting :D

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »