Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Transition

I can tell you right now that I'm really concerned about how the colour of my keyboard has changed from white to hideous brown, the kind that really looks unpleasant to the eye. I can also tell you right now that just having watched 'The Dark Knight' I really don't see what the fuss is all about, I mean 'Batman Begins' was way better; and it being IMDb number 1 isn't even being mentioned here.

I can also tell you that I wish that these were just about the only concerns I had. Wishes.

You must have heard this one: Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Transition kills. Literally.

Is running away from what you dislike a way to find out what you really like? Especially when you had just about started finding things that you really liked at a place you still disliked as a whole. Cynically, if you don't run away, you never find out.

I cannot justify my skepticism. It comes with the transition probably. The desire to hold on to things.

Then, acceptance and reconciliation happen to be the two greatest virtues I tell people I possess. Time that gets tested.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I Can say is, "Why so serious"? :)

-Rahul

Nikhil said...

:)

thank God you did not add, "Let me put a smile on your face"

ah, and probably I am thinking too much these days. matter of time :)

Giddu said...

Whoever said Change is good was either joking, or talking about coins.

gee said...

Running away, I don't know. But finding out what one dislikes is surely a step closer to finding out what one likes. For the latter is impossible to find out, and the former, a little too easy :)

Chandan said...

The #1 rank of Batman Begins merely proves the ignorance of the proles. The teeming masses and their unrefined taste in culture..yuck. don't et me started.

The movie was pretty ok, btw. though incessantly grim. it depicts a pretty grim picture of humanity.

vijit said...

Well the Dark Knight is way better because:
1) Its less preachy.
2) The villain is unapologetic about his villainy.
3) The joker is extremely dexterous at his craft.
3) The lead actress is a vast improvement.
4) Imax. Especially the shots taken from atop buildings or from helicopters. Amazing angles dude.
5) I liked it so much I wrote down numbered points!

Your talk about transition reminds me of the 'institutionalization' that Red/Brooks referred to in "The Shawshank Redemption".